To Turn Unit On:
Turn unit on by pressing the “On/Off” button. A beep will sound, and the unit will display an LCD test and then show the last reading. After 5 seconds, the thermometer is ready to use when the display shows “---.”
IMPORTANT—Once this thermometer has been used for a rectal reading, do not use it for an oral reading. Clean thoroughly before using again or before using on a different child.
• Cover thermometer’s tip with probe cover (provided), and lubricate tip with water-soluble jelly. Do not use petroleum jelly.
• If an adult or child, lay person on his or her side. If an infant, lay baby on stomach with legs hanging down, either across knee or changing table.
• Insert tip of thermometer no more than 1/2 inch inside rectum.
• Read thermometer when 10 beep signals sound and “F” sign stops flashing.
• Turn thermometer off by pressing the “On/Off” button.
• Wash thermometer as recommended before placing in storage case.
Under-the-Arm (Axillary) Use:
• Wipe underarm with towel.
• Place probe tip under arm so tip is touching skin.
• Position arm next to body.
• For child temperature, hug child to keep arms next to body.
• Read thermometer when 10 beep signals sound and “F” sign stops flashing.*
• Turn thermometer off by pressing the “On/Off” button, and wash thermometer as recommended.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
• High, prolonged fever requires medical attention, especially for young children. Please contact your pediatrician.
• This product is not a toy. Adult supervision is required in the use of this product.
• This product is designed to measure human body temperature. Do not use it for any other purpose.
*This method produces a temperature 1° higher than temperature taken orally.
Download the V934 Vicks Baby Thermometer product manual (PDF).
Get Adobe® Reader® >
Questions? Email ConsumerRelations@kaz.com.