To Turn Unit On:
Turn unit on by pressing the “On/Off” button. The thermometer is ready to use when the display shows “OK.”
- Place the orange ring of the product on the neck behind the ear lobe.
- While holding thermometer in that spot, press and hold the Start Button. When the unit beeps, release Start Button. (Takes about one second.)
Important Safety Information
- Do not use thermometer for 20 minutes on skin if exposed to hot or cold temperatures such as direct sunlight, fireplace heat, cold (compress), direct air conditioning air flow, swimming, bathing, etc.
- Do not take temperature from the side on which the patient was lying—use the opposite side.
- Keep thermometer away from direct exposure to the sun.
- Store in a dust-free, dry area at room temperature.
- Readings from the right side of the patient’s head may differ from the left—therefore, it is preferable to take all temperatures on the same side of the head.
- Avoid subjecting the thermometer to strong shocks, such as dropping the unit on the floor.
Download the V980 Vicks Behind Ear Gentle Touch Thermometer with Fever InSight Feature product manual (PDF).
Get Adobe® Reader® >
Questions? Email ConsumerRelations@kaz.com.